Monday, December 2, 2013

Why Aquascape? - The Start

Why aquascape? 
Aquascaping is the art of arranging aquatic features inside of an aquarium in order to produce an aesthetically pleasing appearance. Although the art of aquascaping is what first drew me into the hobby, it was the science that made me stay. The aquascaping community, excitingly, is a very scientific community. By which I mean, aquascape hobbyists utilize scientific names in plant and fish identification, understand the natural cycles that plants and animals go through, and understand the importance of a balanced community inside the tank. I feel the main reason why aquascape hobbyists take such a scientific approach to their aquariums is because, one cannot have a beautiful scape if everything in the tank is dead. Since there are so many variables in creating a beautiful thriving tank, it is truly a challenging hobby. 

With this hobby I have the ability to merge my creativity with my understanding of science. I am creating this blog in order to share the details of the development of my tank, as time progresses, and to educate others about this unique art form. 

And it all starts with a 7.5 Mr.Aqua Glass Rimless Bowfront tank:


No comments:

Post a Comment