Sunday, May 11, 2014

My Ever Changing Life....

I was getting bored of the layout of my tank so I decided to give it a little white sand to brighten it up. I also purchased some lava rock to give a little more dimension. Perhaps having 2 large hardscape pieces might be a bit much, but it has grown on me.

I made this change about 2 weeks ago and have not had a chance to post it on my neglected blog. The past couple of months have been hectic. This includes a bridal shower, Easter, a wedding, several birthdays, and too much overtime at work.

I made the big decision to study Civil/Environmental Engineering at CalPoly San Luis Obispo starting Fall 2014. As a bonus to this great news, I can take my tank with me! I was granted housing on the On Campus Apartments. After carefully reading the terms and conditions, it states that "Licensees shall not bring or keep any animal in or around University Housing other than fish in aquariums." :) They don't say anything about shrimp.

But I can always get a fish if someone complains. But who would complain when they see THIS BEAUTY:


One other big event coming up in my life is a month long trip to Europe! I'm very excited for that. My tank will have to fend for itself for a month because I don't trust anyone in my family to take care of it. I think it should be ok, but before I leave for my trip, I will have to relocate the entire tank... somewhere in the house, so that my sister and her husband can start preparing the room for their new little human. All will be well! I will try to post more soon. 



No comments:

Post a Comment